Collection and Use of Personal Information
"Personal information" is defined as any information that can be used to identify an individual or contact them.
What personal information we collect
- When you create an account as a client, we may collect a variety of personal information, including but not limited to, your first and last name, email address, phone number, and address or office location.
- When you create an account as an LNL member, we may collect your first and last name, email address, and class year, as well as any other information you voluntarily provide.
- When you log in with a WPI user account, we may collect personal information associated with the account, including but not limited to, the type of account, your name, email address, IP address, geographical data, and class year (if applicable).
- When you update your profile, we may collect any additional information you choose to provide such as your nickname, cellular carrier, WPI Box number, Student ID, or Radio MDC.
How we use your personal information
- We use your personal information to create your account, maintain your profile, and otherwise provide our services to you. We may also use your personal information for account and network security purposes or to provide technical support.
- If you have opted-in to receiving text messages from LNL, by selecting your cellular carrier when updating your profile, we may use this information to send you SMS text messages containing any relevant information with regards to your business with us. This method of communication will never be used for marketing purposes and you may opt-out at any time. Data and messaging rates may apply. Contact your carrier for more details.
- We may use your personal information to contact you about changes to your account or booking(s) and to send you important notices about updates to our service agreements and policies. You may not opt-out of these communications.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that, on its own, cannot be used to identify you ("anonymous data"). We may collect, use, store, and disclose anonymous data for any purpose.
Here are some examples of the types of anonymous data we typically collect and how we might use it:
- When you set up a new organization, we may collect details about your organization, such as its name, primary contact, and billing information. This information is used solely for the purpose of providing our services to you and will never be shared with third parties.
- When you book an event, we may collect details about your event, such as the event name, location, schedule, requested services, and any additional resources such as floor plans or audio/video files that you provide. This information is primarily used to provide our services to you and may be shared with third-party service providers, when necessary. We may also use this information when conducting research or performing assessments on our services, in order to learn about ways to improve them.
- We may collect and store information regarding how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve our services or report trends to our partners and affiliates.
We may share anonymous data with online service providers (such as Google Analytics) in order to help us provide the best quality of service possible. For more information regarding how these parties handle your data you can review their policies below:
From time to time, we may share some of your personal information with third parties in order to provide our services. Your personal information will never be shared with third parties for marketing purposes. Anonymous data collected for analytics purposes may be shared with our online service providers or affiliates assuming the information is presented in a form that cannot be used to identify you.
Media and Copyright
While providing our services, or during LNL business or social gatherings (referred to as "sponsored events"), LNL members may occasionally photograph, videotape, and/or record portions of the event. Unless indicated otherwise, when you book an event or attend an LNL sponsored event, you agree that such images, videos, and/or recordings will remain the property of LNL and may, at any time, be used on LNL's website, social media, and/or promotional or informational materials including, but not limited to, flyers, brochures, newsletters, and advertisements. If instead you would prefer that LNL and/or your guests refrain from photographing or recording portions of your event, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Retention and Access
By default, any data collected through the LNL website for business purposes is retained indefinitely. This includes any personal information you may have provided LNL when booking an event or updating your profile. Information collected through all other means will only be retained for as long as it is necessary for the purposes outlined in this policy. When determining how long to retain your data we carefully consider whether or not there is good reason for doing so, and if there is, we will only retain it for the shortest possible period to serve that purpose unless a longer period is required by law.
For any personal information we retain, we will give you access (and provide a copy) for any purpose, including to request that we correct inaccuracies or delete the data if we are not required to retain it for the purposes described above. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous, impractical, jeopardize the safety or privacy of others, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. You can submit a request for the correction or deletion of your data by emailing email@example.com.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the privacy of your data, or you would like to submit a request to update or delete your personal information, send an email to our webmaster at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2020 WPI Lens and Lights